Rebecca Wolf

This blog is a chronicle of my daughters' growth - born July 2003 and May 2007. Be sure to check out the Thriving Babies homepage, for videos and instructions on how to use every type of baby carrier. For literacy and homeschooling tips, visit my Rochester-based Learning Center blog at www.SibleyCenter.com.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

12 week check-up

We went to Strong Hospital for baby #2's first ultrasound. Only coming in at 6 cm, this little bundle of energy was amazing to watch. It would arch it's back and bounce off of the amnion, fly over to the other side and then do it all over again as soon as it landed. (This baby is treating my uterus like its own personal trampoline!) It kicked its legs, tried to suck its thumb, and waved hello. Quite a character. Perhaps a "bouncing" baby boy?

Still too early to tell, but Andrew and I are a little worried. Arianna wasn't THAT active at this age! We haven't received the results from the nuchal translucency test, but the sonographer said everything looked okay from her end. Baby moved around so much that sonographer #1 gave up and sent in sonographer #2, who had better luck, but we were still at the hospital from 10:30 - 2:00 with all of the waiting and tests.

We went to 3 different places for a combined wait of one hour! I have to say it was worth it though. Everyone was very nice and very knowledgeable. My blood test didn't even hurt (I did request a butterfly, though). I'm still tired from all of the running around.

When Arianna and I came home, my second birthday present was waiting on the front steps. But I'll write more about that later!

Rebecca
http://ThrivingBabies.com/blog

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home