Rebecca Wolf

This blog is a chronicle of my daughters' growth - born July 2003 and May 2007. Be sure to check out the Thriving Babies homepage, for videos and instructions on how to use every type of baby carrier. For literacy and homeschooling tips, visit my Rochester-based Learning Center blog at www.SibleyCenter.com.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

A Simple Grape Juice Recipe To Try

One of my friends, Sandy, sent me this homemade grape juice recipe and I absolutely love it. I made one small change to it and now Arianna can't get enough of it. I have to limit her to one glass because as my friend wisely warned, "8 ounces a day will keep you regular; 16 ounces a day will keep you HOME!"

We are lucky enough to have some concord grapes that grow nearby, so we just pick a bagful as soon as the grapes are ripe.
  1. Rinse and clean the grapes.
  2. Put the grapes (stems and all) into a vegetable steamer tray and place inside a pot.
  3. Add 1 cup of water to the bottom of the pot. Put a tight-fitting lid on the pot.
  4. Cook on High until the water starts to boil, maybe 3 minutes.
  5. Simmer on Very Low for 30 minutes.
  6. Take a flat spatula and smoosh the rest of the juice from the wrinkled grapes, letting it drain into the bottom of the pot.
  7. Toss the stems and spent grapes from the top of the steamer and keep the juice from the bottom of the pan.
  8. You can drink it straight, or add up to 50% water to taste OR do what I do and add some honey while it's still hot.
  9. I pour the sweetened juice into a pitcher and keep it in the fridge.
  10. You can also freeze it or put it into canning jars and can it for winter use.
Easy, Nutritious, Delicious (and FREE, in our case) -- What's not to love?

Enjoy,
Rebecca

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home