Rebecca Wolf

This blog is a chronicle of my daughters' growth - born July 2003 and May 2007. Be sure to check out the Thriving Babies homepage, for videos and instructions on how to use every type of baby carrier. For literacy and homeschooling tips, visit my Rochester-based Learning Center blog at www.SibleyCenter.com.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

4 month visit

Ostara was a little late for her four month well baby visit because we were in NYC when we first scheduled the appointment. As of October 9, her head circumference is 41.5 cm, her height is 26 inches and her weight is 16 lbs and 4 oz. Her tylenol dose for this size is .8 mL. (I'm writing all of this on my blog because I'll inevitably lose the small piece of paper this was written on.)

Not bad considering she started out at 20.5 inches long, HC of 14 inches, and 7 lbs 6 oz. Her length is in the 95th percentile, weight in the 90th and head somewhere between the 50th and 75th. We chose not to get any vaccinations for her at 2 months. This visit, we opted for the Pneumococcal conjugate, the Hib and the DTaP (Diptheria, Tetanus and Pertussis), because I almost died of meningitis when I was 18 months old. She cried for 2 seconds with each jab, but I nursed her and she calmed right down. She's been a little sleepy, but that's about it. No reactions like Arianna breaking out into spots after getting the chicken pox vaccine. Dr. Blasco recommended a book on vaccinations written by someone at Strong Hospital, but I can't remember the name of it.

Arianna is 44 1/2 inches (with shoes on) and 51 lbs.

And while we're on the subject of measurements, I'm down to 155, which is a BMI of 25. Guess I'm right on the line between average and obese! In addition to Ostara sucking the fat off of me, I've been trying to stick to a Mediterranean type diet and only eating when I'm hungry. I feel pretty good!

Rebecca