Rebecca Wolf

This blog is a chronicle of my daughters' growth - born July 2003 and May 2007. Be sure to check out the Thriving Babies homepage, for videos and instructions on how to use every type of baby carrier. For literacy and homeschooling tips, visit my Rochester-based Learning Center blog at www.SibleyCenter.com.

Friday, June 05, 2009

Happy Green Bee Review


One day, I saw my friend's daughter in the cutest little striped outfit. I said, "Hey, where did you get that from?"

She said, "It's from Happy Green Bee. They have the sweetest clothes for kids AND they are all organic cotton."

So, I checked it out. And she was right. The thing I love best is that these clothes are great for boys AND girls. Not only are these clothes a great bargain for ORGANIC cotton, but you can buy them and use them again on your younger kids regardless of gender. I don't know how they do it -- the designs are SO cute but they don't scream "monster truck" for boys or "pretty in pink" for girls. Ingenious!

I really admire their mission, too: "To create cheerful gender-free organic kids clothing with sustainable earth friendly manufacturing practices in an effort to meet and increase the demand for organic children's clothing that not only looks and feels great but is contributing in positive ways to the welfare of our planet."

I ordered the solid leggings because Ostara is on the lean side and I thought these would fit her well. As soon as the package arrived, I tore into it and was delighted to find these adorable pants with the Happy Green Bee logo embroidered on the backside.

I showed the leggings to Ostara and she excitedly pointed to the bee.
"Who 'dat?" she asked.

"It's a little bee just for you," I said. "These pants are for you."

She immediately started stripping so she could try them on. Needless to say, these leggings are now a staple in my daughter's wardrobe and often requested. She loves that little bee and when I see it, I feel pretty good too. What a good investment for keeping my child, and my planet, chemical-free.

I'm so HAPPY with my Happy Green Bee clothes, that we are going to be holding a Giveaway for a pair of Happy Green Bee Leggings next week.

Stay tuned for details on how to enter!


Enjoy,
Rebecca