Rebecca Wolf

This blog is a chronicle of my daughters' growth - born July 2003 and May 2007. Be sure to check out the Thriving Babies homepage, for videos and instructions on how to use every type of baby carrier. For literacy and homeschooling tips, visit my Rochester-based Learning Center blog at www.SibleyCenter.com.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Goodbye, Summer!

Well, I have to say we've been enjoying the 80 degree days this week. Today, like the past several, Arianna and I played in the water for an hour or so (she threw rocks into the water from the boat ramp and I swam around). I also took her for a little boat ride in my floating lounge chair, which she loves. It's been too chilly for her to practice her doggie paddle lately.

The lake was calm and the sun was HOT. You could see the sun rays rippling down to the lake's bottom. Every time I tried to drag myself out of the water, I felt this force pulling me back in. I think it was the bittersweet knowledge that this would be the last swimming day of the season. Knowing that I wouldn't be able to swim again in Lake Ontario until next June or July just seemed too much to bear. So I dove in again. And again. We've had such an enjoyable summer, I didn't want to say goodbye.

All good things come to an end and we're expecting 50 degree weather by the weekend. So sad, but the seasons cycle ever onward. Arianna and I dug out the Halloween decorations in anticipation of the fall. She still hasn't decided on a costume, but here are the current nominations: a tiger (again), a bear, a pirate, a cat, and a fairy (I told her I had some fairy wings, if she was interested). I think she's game for anything.

I also wanted to make her some Halloween overalls out of this Trick or Treat Dora the Explorer fabric I bought in NH. The print is rather large, so I am thinking about an overall dress instead. Hopefully, she will let me do some sewing! She loves to play on her swingset (thank you Chris and Marnie), but I can't leave her alone outside -- she's too little.

She is getting into arts and crafts now, too. A page of stickers and a sheet of paper can keep her busy for an hour! She seems so grown-up now. She insisted on carrying all of her stuff into the house from the lake. I helped her up the hill, but she did the rest. It took her 15 minutes, but by gum, she did it! I have to admire her tenacity.

Well, that's it for our weekly update. I hope you are enjoying your last days of summer,
Rebecca

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home