Rebecca Wolf

This blog is a chronicle of my daughters' growth - born July 2003 and May 2007. Be sure to check out the Thriving Babies homepage, for videos and instructions on how to use every type of baby carrier. For literacy and homeschooling tips, visit my Rochester-based Learning Center blog at www.SibleyCenter.com.

Saturday, September 17, 2005

It's really annoying when. . .

your 2 year-old corrects you if you make a mistake when you are reading to her!

I said, "Uh" instead of "Ugh" in "It's Mine," a rather nasty little story about Li'l Critter not wanting to share with his brother or sister. Arianna immediately said, "No, it's UGH."

I say Ugh, the reading teacher is in big trouble. I showed her how to point and read the word "no" in "Where's Spot?" which makes up about half of the book. She started pointing and reading the words "no". Granted, she doesn't know the difference between a word and a letter yet, but I am so impressed that she is mimicking my reading behavior so closely.

It's a scary day when you realize that your child is going to be way smarter than you are. (Hmm. I wonder how old I was when my parents realized that? I'm sure it was much older than TWO.)

I apologize for not blogging in so long, but Andrew and I are in the process of buying some real estate investments. It is just like playing the Cash Flow game, except it's NOT paper money. I love looking at houses and calculating the ROI (return on investment).

There are some great deals to be had around here, so if you have some excess money in your IRA -- give me a call. I'll teach you how to get the best ROI (it depends on how much work you are willing to do yourself, or if you just want someone else to manage it). We can even play Cash Flow -- it's a great way to sharpen your financial literacy skills.

By the by, Robert Kiyosaki is doing a free teleseminar on September 20th. He will be discussing his new book, "Before You Quit Your Job," which was released this past Wednesday. (Hint: This would make a great birthday present for yours truly. Even though I already quit my job, I'm still learning how to generate passive income.)

Money, money, money...MONEY. (theme song from The Apprentice, and do you think Martha can compete with The Donald?)
Rebecca

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home