Rebecca Wolf

This blog is a chronicle of my daughters' growth - born July 2003 and May 2007. Be sure to check out the Thriving Babies homepage, for videos and instructions on how to use every type of baby carrier. For literacy and homeschooling tips, visit my Rochester-based Learning Center blog at www.SibleyCenter.com.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Hip Daddy ??

I found this article accidentally when I was trying to research a new baby carrier called the Hip daddy. I was shocked to find that there are strollers that cost $700+ on the market and PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY BUYING THEM!!

I've been busy on the babywearing swap and just received a BoopaPakka from booparapture.com and a wide blanket podeagi from Lovewrap.com. I made a few mei tais, but they are very tricky to sew. I had an easier time making my ergo-type carrier! You have to get the angles just right, without getting the body too wide, and there is a huge difference when you change fabrics and shoulder padding!

I could never make a mei tai that was more comfortable than my ergo-type one. I did find a papatum carrier, which looked a LOT like an Ergo, although not as versatile because they were selling two different sizes.

Arianna will still let me experiment on her when I get a new baby carrier, but the only time I can wear her for long periods of time is when we take walks. Even so, I know my babywearing days are numbered! Wah!

Oh, by the way, I redid my Thriving Babies website. When you go to www.thrivingbabies.com you will be able to sign up for my babywearing e-course. There is a link to the order page in the P.S. at the bottom, otherwise the new order page is on www.thrivingbabies.com/order.html

I will give a more detailed review on my new carriers soon.

Rebecca

P.S. Is it strange for a toddler to pretend her pieces of chicken are something else when she is eating dinner? Like, "Here is a baby in a swim diaper. And this is a little kitty. And this is a big bad kitty - ROAR!"

P.P.S. Her little stories are too cute! Her first story went like this, "Once upon a Sly, Sly Kitty...ran up the tree house!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home