Rebecca Wolf

This blog is a chronicle of my daughters' growth - born July 2003 and May 2007. Be sure to check out the Thriving Babies homepage, for videos and instructions on how to use every type of baby carrier. For literacy and homeschooling tips, visit my Rochester-based Learning Center blog at www.SibleyCenter.com.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Absolutely amazing!

I have sold 4 books since Sunday and I am so pleased with the wonderful responses I am getting about the Thriving Babies book on babywearing and baby carriers. I was so nervous to put the book out there, because I know it's not perfect -- there's so much I could add. But the 30 day challenge spurred me to action and I took the plunge.

I have been receiving wonderful feedback about the free chapter I am giving away and the book itself. You can access the free chapter yourself by filling in your name and email at the bottom of the website: http://www.thrivingbabies.com

When I started posting a few months ago, I wanted the blog to be an active forum for Thriving Babies readers to share and ask questions. That didn't happen because I never got the book out. I would love to share the comments I've been receiving with others as well as provide more of a community forum for my readers, though.

I am thinking about putting the blog on my website so readers can access it, but then I wouldn't be able to email the blog directly to all of you -- my family and friends. I could send out an email with the URL, whenever I updated the blog on my website though. So you could still be privvy to the latest arianna news!

Any thoughts about the change in delivery?

Rebecca
http://www.thrivingbabies.com

P.S. Andrew has just started an awesome new blog on cloth diapering at: http://clothdiaper.blogspot.com/ Check it out!

1 Comments:

Blogger tlparadis said...

Hi Rebecca & Andrew,

I've taken a look at the book and it looks fantastic! Your scholarship is to be commended! Clear and thorough! One thought about style and presentation.. have you thought about putting the 'Reflections' in another font? or perhaps in italics? The boxes do make a delineation for change, I guess I'm just looking for a different 'cue'. Just MHO. :)

I don't know if you've thought about your site, but what about having a link to the blog from the webpage? You can then keep the email notification available via Blogger and still give people access to the Blog content.

I am not sure how to do it exactly (and while I might be able to help figure it out - it'll be a couple of weeks before I have the time) but you might be able to hook up an RSS feed so that the latest posting to the blog appears on your website page with a link for 'more' so that people can go take a look.

Good luck!

Monday, September 19, 2005 at 11:55:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home