Rebecca Wolf

This blog is a chronicle of my daughters' growth - born July 2003 and May 2007. Be sure to check out the Thriving Babies homepage, for videos and instructions on how to use every type of baby carrier. For literacy and homeschooling tips, visit my Rochester-based Learning Center blog at www.SibleyCenter.com.

Sunday, August 21, 2005

It's nice to have friends!

I just received a post from my sister-in-law, Carmen, that made my day. She actually went out and bought my e-book, even though I sent her the first draft for free. Then she told me how wonderful she thought it was.

Bless you, Carmen, you brought a tear to my eye and a smile to my heart.

Not only did Carmen let me use her beautiful baby girl in some of the e-book photos, but she wanted to support my project even further by buying the book herself.

I can't tell you how much it means to me that someone I KNOW, actually cared about my labor of love enough to invest in it herself. (I am going to refund her money, of course, but her caring gesture touched me far deeper than the few bucks the book cost.)

Carmen, you are too sweet for words and I am proud to call you my sister!

Did you ever watch that John Travolta movie, I think it's called Phenomenon? When he got a virtual brain transplant from a comet and became super smart and learned Portuguese in two days? Well, he had really fallen for this woman who made these gorgeous bentwood chairs. So he kept on buying them, just so he could see her when she came back to the store with a new shipment. Of course, she was really mad when she found out he was the ONLY one buying them, but she soon realized that he did it out of love and because he believed in her and that, all-in-all, he was a pretty amazing guy.

Now there are plenty of other folks who have shown their belief in me and my writing in other ways, and I truly thank you for that. But I just had to take a moment to lionize my sister-in-law because she was the first person in my family who actually invested in me.

Con mucho carino,
Rebecca

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home