Rebecca Wolf

This blog is a chronicle of my daughters' growth - born July 2003 and May 2007. Be sure to check out the Thriving Babies homepage, for videos and instructions on how to use every type of baby carrier. For literacy and homeschooling tips, visit my Rochester-based Learning Center blog at www.SibleyCenter.com.

Monday, September 08, 2008

Goodbye, Summer

Well, I took the last swim of the season in our pool today and started my first week of homeschooling Arianna and her friends. Our first class went well with lots of reading beginning books, playing with magnetic letters and acting out Jack and the Beanstalk. Arianna only tackled her friend once.

Arianna also began her piano lessons today. She has a new teacher who is well reputed in the art of Creative Ability Development, founded by Alice Kanack. She has some excellent CDs available to help anyone learn how to improvise musically. Her homework is to practice naming the notes on the keyboard, find 2 black key groups and 3 black key groups, make up a LION song using the lowest notes on the keyboard and practicing Hot Cross Buns. Not bad for a half hour lesson.

I just got some new skirts from enwrapturevintage.com and am eagerly awaiting some books from NewChildMontessori.com. I got the skirts wholesale through a MamaCoops group. It was luck of the draw and I was happy with 2 out of the 3 skirts I received. The 3rd one is a short perwinkle color. It's cute but I had asked for jewel tones and I don't know how gray counts as jewel toned. Maybe I can use some of my neighbor's procion dye and dye it purple -- amethyst purple!

I also started a new enrichment program for preschoolers and homeschoolers. You can check out the website at: http://www.SibleyCenter.com

I'm turning 40 in a few weeks and at a loss for how to celebrate my life thus far. With two very attached children, I find it difficult to celebrate anything alone. Do you have any family friendly ideas that won't stress out dear hubby who is trying to make this a special occasion for me??? Please?!

Rebecca