Rebecca Wolf

This blog is a chronicle of my daughters' growth - born July 2003 and May 2007. Be sure to check out the Thriving Babies homepage, for videos and instructions on how to use every type of baby carrier. For literacy and homeschooling tips, visit my Rochester-based Learning Center blog at www.SibleyCenter.com.

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Tantrums

Well, Arianna had her first tantrum today at 19 months. I think the poor girl is on overload. In the past 48 hours we have taken her to storytime at the library, gone contra dancing with her in the back carrier I made, and went down to visit our new niece in Boston. Plus, I was late in getting dinner ready.

She went to get a drink from daddy's water bottle and when she couldn't open the top, she threw herself on the floor and cried. When I asked if she needed some help, she said, "NO," and kept on crying. Very frustrating to watch -- she couldn't help herself but she wouldn't accept anyone else's help. After 7 minutes of this, I just grabbed her, took her into the bedroom, and nursed her so we could all calm down. Then I fed her and she seemed better, but washing the hair at bathtime didn't go over real well.

I am hoping this is just an anomaly in her behavior and not the beginning of something horrific.

Rebecca

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home