Rebecca Wolf

This blog is a chronicle of my daughters' growth - born July 2003 and May 2007. Be sure to check out the Thriving Babies homepage, for videos and instructions on how to use every type of baby carrier. For literacy and homeschooling tips, visit my Rochester-based Learning Center blog at www.SibleyCenter.com.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Captured snippets

Well, it's time to get our family holiday photo taken and we were looking a little bit like the Grizzly Adams family. So, Arianna got her first big girl haircut in the salon.
Here's a picture of her and daddy getting their locks snipped: http://www.thrivingbabies.com/Images/haircut.jpg

She was crying until the hairdresser offered her a lollipop, then she stopped fussing. Three lollipops later, she was finished!

Then she got some shoes from the shoe store with daddy while I got some groceries. She wears a size 9 now! Apparently she was a little wild in the store and daddy had to calm her down. When he called her over to look at some boots, she reportedly said, "I am NOT Arianna; I transformed into a MOUSE!" Egads, I think her vocabulary is larger than some adults'.

Speaking of clever sayings, I was trying to convince Arianna to eat her bread instead of just licking the butter during dinner a few nights ago. Well, perhaps ordering her would be more accurate: "Don't lick the butter. Eat it. No, take a BITE. Stop licking it. You have to eat THE BREAD!"

Arianna put the bread down and yelled, "Stop treating me like a prisoner!"

I couldn't stop laughing.

So, just in case you might be under the false impression that I am a good parent, you now have evidence to the contrary -- straight from the horse's mouth.

Rebecca

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home