Rebecca Wolf

This blog is a chronicle of my daughters' growth - born July 2003 and May 2007. Be sure to check out the Thriving Babies homepage, for videos and instructions on how to use every type of baby carrier. For literacy and homeschooling tips, visit my Rochester-based Learning Center blog at www.SibleyCenter.com.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Recent Quotes

Quote #1: It was 42 degrees up here near Rochester, NY yesterday. I went outside with Arianna, she said "Daddy, it's not winter any, its a summer day! We don't need are jackets anymore!" (For those of you who live in more southern climates, 42 is an exceptionally warm day for January, but still a little cool for summer.) We had a great time playing outside all day yesterday.

Quote #2: "Daddy, I'm blue, and I'm a little train, what's my name?" (The answer, for those of you not familiar with classic literature for toddlers, is Thomas, the Tank Engine). I was amazed that Arianna created a riddle of her own.

Quote #3: Arianna is always pretending she is a different character. Her favorites are Thomas the Tank Engine, Hilda Hippo, a miscellaneous monkey (one of the five who jump on the bed, and inevitably end up bumping their heads), Fox (from the Fox All Week stories), and Road Runner. She often asks me or Mommy to pick up another role, and even directs the plot: "You are the Daddy Road Runner, you run with me . . . No, no, you're NOT the coyote -- don't chase me, you're just the Daddy Road Runner."

Andrew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home