Rebecca Wolf

This blog is a chronicle of my daughters' growth - born July 2003 and May 2007. Be sure to check out the Thriving Babies homepage, for videos and instructions on how to use every type of baby carrier. For literacy and homeschooling tips, visit my Rochester-based Learning Center blog at www.SibleyCenter.com.

Sunday, February 20, 2005

A.D.D. is expensive

My husband, Andrew, is a great guy. I am constantly amazed by his limitless energy (he can actually keep up with Arianna), his ability to think outside of the box, and the depth of his caring. If I ever told him that I wanted or needed anything, he would literally move mountains to get it for me. I have never met anyone like him before and I feel blessed to be married to such a pearl of a man.

We have recently concluded that he has a very mild form of A.D.D. which is exacerbated by stress. When he tries to juggle too much, something inevitably gets dropped. Like this week, he did two loads of laundry but he had to put some money onto our "laundry card" first. He was also watching Arianna, getting signs made for his car, and going for a jog at the same time.

Everything was done except now the laundry card is missing. We have searched the house and the cars and all of the dirty clothes. I even put on rubber gloves and dove into the trash can. (We agreed to keep the card on top of the fridge so the little gremlin wouldn't get it. The trash is right next to the fridge and it doesn't have a lid. I just had to be sure it wasn't in there. It wasn't.)

It costs $45 to get a new card and Andrew won't tell me how much money he just put on the card itself before it was lost. I'm thinking it was a lot. After freaking out about it and getting nowhere, I have decided to be thankful that something irreplaceable wasn't dropped instead.

It's only money, after all.

Trying to stand by her man,
Rebecca

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home