Rebecca Wolf

This blog is a chronicle of my daughters' growth - born July 2003 and May 2007. Be sure to check out the Thriving Babies homepage, for videos and instructions on how to use every type of baby carrier. For literacy and homeschooling tips, visit my Rochester-based Learning Center blog at www.SibleyCenter.com.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Cheap Chai

Good point, Dawn. I wonder at what age we are supposed to develop the capacity to resist temptations? 97 perhaps? I know it's not at 36!

It's a wonderfully sunny day and downright balmy for March. After doing 3 loads of laundry and running some errands, I was tempted to stop at the local Venetian espresso cafe for a treat. I did not succumb to THAT temptation but created a different treat for myself that was much easier on the pocketbook.

Here's my cheap soy Chai recipe:
1. Buy, beg or borrow some Teahouse Chai by Celestial Seasonings (my fave) in Honey Vanilla.
2. Boil 2 cups of water and steep one tea bag for 30 minutes or so. (less water for a richer tea)
3. Put some ice in a glass and add some Vanilla Silk Soy Milk. (I like a lot, but 1/2 cup should suffice)
4. Discard teabag and add sugar to the steeped tea (the more, the better, IMHO).
5. Add tea to ice and milk.
6. Stir. Enjoy. Repeat with remaining steeped tea or share with a friend!

If you forget this, the recipe is on the inside flap of the tea box.

Enjoy your cheap treat,
Rebecca, the frugal gourmet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home