Rebecca Wolf

This blog is a chronicle of my daughters' growth - born July 2003 and May 2007. Be sure to check out the Thriving Babies homepage, for videos and instructions on how to use every type of baby carrier. For literacy and homeschooling tips, visit my Rochester-based Learning Center blog at www.SibleyCenter.com.

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Sweet Dreams

After 19 months of nursing Arianna to sleep every night, I am shocked to discover that she no longer needs it. Don't get me wrong, she still needs her milkies before bedtime, but it doesn't put her to sleep anymore.

She is starting to put herself to sleep. She tells me when she is done nursing, rolls over and goes to sleep. Sometimes she will ask for a hug and I gladly wrap my arm around her chest until we form two little spoons. That's it.

This has been going on for over a week now.

I think my baby girl is growing up (sniff).

She did fall asleep in the sling today while we were walking to the post office. That amazed me because she hasn't slept in a baby carrier for awhile. We went out to lunch with Andrew's parents and she sat there for two hours and entertained herself (the restaurant was terribly short-staffed). All of that good behavior must have exhausted her. Just kidding.

She is an absolute gem.

Off to sleep,
Rebecca

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home