Rebecca Wolf

This blog is a chronicle of my daughters' growth - born July 2003 and May 2007. Be sure to check out the Thriving Babies homepage, for videos and instructions on how to use every type of baby carrier. For literacy and homeschooling tips, visit my Rochester-based Learning Center blog at www.SibleyCenter.com.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Toilet talk

Arianna had been taking a nap, when I heard some muttering from the bedroom. I walked in and saw her writhing on the bed. When she saw me, she sat up and said, "Anna pooping." Oh, so that's what all the noise was about.

She still hasn't quite figured out the proper term for urinating. She called it "peepeeing" at first, but it must have sounded wrong. (Gee, I wonder why?) Now she calls it "peeping" instead. Okay, little baby chick. Anyway, back to the story:

I said hopefully, "Would you like to poopy on the potty?"

Her reply, "No."

To myself, "Drat. Another poopy diaper to contend with."

"Would you like mommy to change your diaper?"

"No. Milky bed."

Okay, maybe not.

Milky bed = Mommy, I want milkies on the bed right now or else...

Is it unrealistic of me to think that her potty skills should be equivalent to her language skills? I have to remember: baby steps, we are slowly taking baby steps to the potty!

Rebecca
www.ThrivingBabies.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home