Rebecca Wolf

This blog is a chronicle of my daughters' growth - born July 2003 and May 2007. Be sure to check out the Thriving Babies homepage, for videos and instructions on how to use every type of baby carrier. For literacy and homeschooling tips, visit my Rochester-based Learning Center blog at www.SibleyCenter.com.

Monday, June 13, 2005

Lake and land report

Well, it's officially swimming season. It's been hot and muggy for the past week or two and the lake is finally warming up. I took the inner tube out on Saturday and it was heavenly! Andrew dunked Arianna and she was not amused. She prefers her turtle pool, which mommy warms up with water from the kettle. Andrew suggested that I warm up the lake water that way, too. Ha ha.

She does love throwing rocks with Daddy, though. They went down the boat ramp this morning just in time to see two mute swams descend into the water with a grand flutter of wings. They swam right up to the ramp and Arianna wanted to pet them.

I LOVE swans and was sad to have missed it, but was glad for the opportunity to sleep in when Arianna decided to wake up at 6:00 a.m. this morning. We have also seen and heard some loons. I tried to capture their voices on the digital recorder, but I missed them. The lake has been calm and cool this spring, which seems to attract these gorgeous birds.

On the business side of things, we finished taking the last set of photos I needed for my e-book. This is very exciting because I only have some editing work to do and I will be ready to publish. I applied for a grant from www.internetbasedmoms.com to help cover the costs of publishing the e-book and am waiting in crazed anticipation to hear who "won." I feel like such a first-grader, but I could really use the money to get my business ideas going. My project with Andrew is finished, for now. Andrew's mentor just received some earnest money for one of their land deals together and would love to bring home some bacon too.

The eBay auction generated tons of interest and watchers, but no one bid on it. We put it on Craig's List too and got a few calls. The land is wonderful and I can't understand why no one is buying it. I guess it's a lot of money for someone who just wants to build one house, but a bit tricky to subdivide into three lots, unless you're an excavator and can build a road. I guess we will have to come up with Plan C. I know Andrew would love to buy it for himself, but that's not an option right now.

Feel free to drop in if you want to use our little "watering hole."

Rebecca

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home